Friday 21 December 2012

Lords of Middle Earth

It's been a little quiet on WwB recently, but now I'm looking forwards to a few days off to paint, game, and generally recharge my batteries.

I recently received Lords of Middle Earth, the expansion to War of the Ring. I quickly painted the (somewhat uninspiring) figures to match my (if I say so myself) marathon effort earlier in the year.
Aragorn, Gandalf, Galadriel, Elrond

Witch King, Mouth of Sauron, Gothmog, Balrog

Still, better painted than unpainted. They'll add to the game, because the one thing that WotR needs is more decisions (sarcasm smiley goes here).

I also picked up Treebeard via the BoardGameGeek store.

6 comments:

  1. Nice work on not "over the top" figures!
    even Treebeard is not the the best of the Trees !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work! The Tree-Man is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't even know this expansion existed. Love the original game. You have made a great improvement to some "OK" looking figures mate.

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I've heard there's more expansions coming, so now I'm committed to painting them as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've some WotR figures, I admit that they are not really inspiring, so you've done a good work on them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to get the 'Battle of Five Armies' game from the same company, watch this space...!

      Delete