I was very pleasantly surprised earlier this week to hear of The Great War crowdfunder, which has already reached its funding goal. This is a joint effort between Richard Borg (Commands and Colors series designer) and Will Townshend (Plastic Soldier Company). This is, in essence, a WW1 C&C game with plastic 15mm miniatures. That alone was good enough to get me on board.
|(Prototype only- board will be laminated and not have a white border.)|
- Double sided laminated board, with grass on one side and mud/ shellscape on the other.
- Future expansions to include sandy board for Palestine/ Gallipoli
- Future 'factions': US, Turks, ANZAC, French, Russian, Italian, Austro-Hungarian
- Early War at some point
- AFV expansions featuring tanks and armoured cars
- 'Epic' double-board games
I'm behind this game. I'm a fan of the C&C games (see here for proof) and I have a few PSC products which have been great. 15mm is my favourite scale. The Kickstarter closes 09 Mar 2015- click here to have a look!
Whilst I'm doing a post about other people's stuff and WW1, I must mention 'Mustering the Troops'. Here's the breakdown:
- 4000 54mm NZ and Turkish troops in an epic WW1 diorama
- Supported by Peter Jackson
- Sculpted by the Perry twins
- All figures painted by Kiwi gamers
- To be released on an unsuspecting public for Anzac Day, the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings 25 April 2015
|Painted by David Houston of Canterbury, NZ|
I am completely on the wrong side of the ditch here, and wish my Kiwi colleagues the best of luck with their choice project, bro!