Friday 16 January 2015

Blood Bowl- Chaos Star Player

Last year I painted the 'Chaos Leader Star Player' from Willy Miniatures. He's seriously big, being on a 40mm base.




I didn't enjoy painting him as much as Tentacle Man, but now he's done. There was some poor casting around the helmet and left arm, unfortunately, which I filed down a fair bit. I greenstuffed a gem to his belt icon. I wasn't sure how to do the spikez on his right shoulder and knee- bone or brass? I went for bone. I also meant to add a skull to his base, but forgot. I may come back and do that later.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely job, I certainly wouldn't have picked up in the bad casting and even now that you've mentioned it, I'm not sure I can - lovely work all round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael- the little skull on the helmet is the most obvious mismatch. Still, it's painted now!

      Delete
  2. Great job - cant see any casting issues so you've worked with it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul- maybe I need to lower my standards?!

      Delete