Monday 25 April 2016

Anzac Day 2016- Vietnam infantryman with SLR

An Australian infantryman with SLR from the Vietnam war.  This is a 54mm OzMade piece I painted with acrylics about 15-20y ago. I think it stands up OK. The groundwork was made of Blu-tac, superglue and sawdust... It could do with some better grass and foliage.






Australia was involved in Vietnam from 1962-1975. The main infantry force was composed of rotating battalions from the Royal Australian Regiment, or RAR. The iconic small arm was the L1A1 SLR.


The 'Skippy badge'

Lest we forget.

Photos via Google Images

12 comments:

  1. I think that stands up very well indeed and a fitting memorial on an important day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I've got some 28mm Aussies for Vietnam I need painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are those the Eureka ones? Those are fantastic sculpts.

      Delete
  3. Straight from "the Odd Angry Shot".
    Great job mate- a very fitting tribute. I spent most of the day at North Bondi RSL where I met a couple of guys who fought at the Battle of Coral.

    Lest We Forget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul. I had the privilege of meeting a chap a few years ago who'd been wounded there.

      Delete