Friday 30 June 2017

Blood Bowl Underworld

It's Eucalyptus Bowl this weekend, and I'm taking the Underworld. This team is an unholy alliance between goblins and Skaven, and they are both affected by mutating warpstone.
Blood Bowl Underworld- The Surrender Monkeys

My team is the Surrender Monkeys, and they are by Goblin Guild Miniatures. I struggled a bit with colours, but was really happy with the goblin skin. I would have liked the purple warpstone to have a bit more of a glow to it, but I ran out of time and energy.

There are two Skaven linerats- one is quite unaffected by mutations, the other is a bit vitally challenged!
Underworld Skaven Linerat

Underworld Skaven Linerat
I really like both the throwers. They're great poses, and the blind one sees more than you may think!
Underworld Skaven Thrower

Underworld Skaven Thrower
The two Skaven Blitzers are great sculpts as well. I like their eye guards.
Underworld Skaven Blitzer

Underworld Skaven Blitzer
The goblins are affected by a variety of mutations... I got a pot of Army Painter Warlock Purple just for the tentacle suckers!






The troll is half-rat, and has a big chunk of ingrown warpstone. It is made from some plastic resin and is really light.

I received a resin turn counter which I based and painted in team colours.
I have a few more figures to go, which I don't need for Eucalyptus Bowl so I'll put them on the back burner for now. You can see a few mutations and the team coach.
Next week I'll put up my tournament report. I'll see if I can get these little suckers working for me!

6 comments:

  1. Great team name mate. Another cracking looking team. I hope they do well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. You have a great team. If I had to choose, I'd choose to play against your surrender monkeys.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking team, Barks! Blood bowl looks so fun, how is it that I've never played this game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's a new edition out so grab a set and find a friend! See you on the pitch!

      Delete