Friday 19 January 2018

Imperial Assault- Ahsoka Tano and friends

I've finishing with the latest bunch of heroes from Imperial Assault, and I quite like them.

Firstest with the mostest is fan favourite Ahsoka Tano. She first appeared as an annoying young teen and Anakin Skywalker’s protégée in the Clone Wars animated series. She (and the series) later improved and matured, culminating in her breaking with the Jedi path having been accused of a crime she didn’t commit. She returned in the Rebels series as a grown woman, and it is this aspect of her that I have painted. She senses something familiar about Darth Vader...
Ahsoka Tano




She was great fun to paint. She’s got an interesting colour palette, and some fine details on her front armour. Her head tails look better than they do in the blown-up images. She carries white lightsabers (in that distinctive but questionable dual backhand grip), which I painted a very pale glowing grey and I think came out OK. I decided not to do any significant OSL, as I struggle with just white and paler surfaces.

I didn’t feel so enthused by the next hero, Jarrod Kelvin. He strikes me as an impractical Wolverine-wannabe.
Jarrod Kelvin

In contrast, I do like Ko-Tun Feralo. She seems an eminently practical Rebel.
Ko-Tun Feralo


Finally, I love Drokkatta. Consensus is that she’s female, and I’m not going to question a Wookie demolitions expert. With her wacky goggles, grenade launcher and thermal detonators, I can’t wait to get her into battle.
Drokkatta

Heart of the Empire rebel heroes

8 comments:

  1. Great job, and scenic bkgrnd for figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Jay- it’s a simple trick which enhances the figures and their stories.

      Delete
  2. These look badass. Cracking paint jobs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Barks! I really, really like the way you painted Ashoka. I just finished painting my own version, and am in the midst of getting the photos ready now. You gave her a wonderful expression - determined and indomitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m really looking forward to your take on her!

      Delete