Friday 7 December 2018

An important spray undercoat accessory, reforged

A few years ago I made Excalibur out of balsa wood and magnetic tape. She was used to hold washer-based figures for prepping with spray undercoat in a rotisserie style, as it really helps the spray reach all the nooks and crannies.


Unfortunately, I broke her by ill-advisedly using her to beat the dust out of a carpet...

With the Analogue Challenge IX approaching, I'm in full prep mode again (I hate prepping). I visited my local hardware store and got some self-adhesive magnetic tape and a metre of wood. I also got a steel post for use with figures with magnets under their bases.

I thus present Narsil and Andúril!
Andúril and Narsil

Narsil and Andúril

I've kept the tape central on Narsil, so that I can hold it at either end and get the spray where I need it.

Cue goosebumps:

8 comments:

  1. Nice,Im afraid mine are nameless lumps of wood to be tapped,sprayed and cast into a corner until needed again!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably less dangerous to myself than a real sword.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think I first saw it in an old White Dwarf...

      Delete
  3. That's a great set of gadgets mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. In the first photo initially thought you had fashioned some interesting fantasy guard for Anduril! Why would he make a guard for a painting aid and why put it so far down? were the thoughts that jumped into my head!
    Then I saw the second photo and it all made sense.

    ReplyDelete