Friday 4 January 2019

What a Tanker- France '44

I had my first game of What a Tanker this week, in the heretical scale of 15mm. The models and scenery were provided by my friend Gorillamo, and I took a Tiger against three Shermans commanded by Gorillamo and Lims.

I'm not very good at my Sherman identification, but there was a 75mm, a 76mm, and an Easy Eight.

I've been playing with a new app on my phone, LensFX, which allows me to add explosions and dinosaurs etc. to my photos. I think it helps tell a story, but let me know if it is it a distraction?

The Tiger spots advancing Shermans.

 An overview of the battlefield.

75mm, 76mm, and Easy Eight Shermans

The Shermans spread out around the crossroads

The Tiger fails to hit

The Tiger's armour deflects all shots!

The Shermans outflank the Tiger...

...which manoeuvres down a lane...

...and jostles past the Easy Eight before spinning around.

The 75mm Sherman rams the Tiger and has to bail out!

Caught in a crossfire, the Tiger crew bails out!
A fun first game which lived up to my expectations. It was a delight to play on this terrain with these models. The Tiger only hit once, doing optics damage, but shrugged off over half a dozen hits. Being rammed reduced my command dice options, and I wasn't able to recover them before taking a hail of fire that convinced the crew to bail out and fight on later.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the effects :-)
    #stillatanker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking tanks and terrain. WAT is a fun game. Although I have a few 1/48-50 scale armor, I think 15mm or 20mm may work better for the rules .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a blast and I love the effects - although I couldn't see any dinosaurs. ;)

    ReplyDelete