Friday 3 January 2020

Aeronautica Imperialis

I got to play two introductory games of Aeronautica Imperialis last week. The game and its superb models belong to my nemesis Gorillamo.
Three Thunderbolt fighters and a Thunderbolt Fury

Ork Dakkajets

Ork Fighta Bommers

The game is quite simple, even compared to, say, X-Wing or Wings of Glory. It is hex-based, which is great for removing disagreements over distances, facings and arcs. Movement is almost too easy, and your planes skip all over the sky- but I still never mastered it!
Dakkajets caught in a crossfire

I was pretty comprehensively blasted out of the sky in both games. The Imperials have great mid-range firepower, and Gorillamo's uncanny ability to roll 5+ saw me decimated before I could get in to use my close-range orky advantages.
Dakkajet damages a Marauder before being obliterated

A fun quick pick-up game.

8 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very interesting.
    Thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of this game too, but alas cant find anyone local similarly interested. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! I still feel tempted, you are not helping! :P

    ReplyDelete