Friday 10 July 2020

Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

Ennio Morricone died this week. The first spaghetti western I saw was A fistful of dollars, and I couldn't stop whistling the tune after that.


These figures are from Artizan, and are lovely sculpts. I painted them about 10-15 years ago, but never finished the bases. I have aspirations of doing a vignette around a grave, like the climax of The good, the bad and the ugly.

Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

Il buono; 'Blondie'


Il cattivo; Angel Eyes


Il brutto; Tuco


After diving into Sergio Leone's films I bought a CD of Morricone's classics; it is great music and I'm listening to it again now. Vale!



I've been neglecting the blog a bit recently. I have plenty of projects on the go, but I don't like doing work-in-progress posts. Regular posting will resume imminently!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful figures Barks, well done!
    I watched the Good, the Bad and the Ugly the night I heard the news.
    BTW those figures would be great in a game of a Dead Mans Hand, I can give you my address to send them over I'll return them after 😄😳😄!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring your scenery Down Under and we'll have a shoot-out!

      Delete
    2. Haha already 'Down Under' residing in sunny Adelaide!
      😀

      Delete
    3. I may be traveling to Adelaide later this year...

      Delete
    4. Coming over, for work or pleasure? If you have time for a catchup it'd be cool!

      Delete
    5. Pleasure. I'll get in touch when I know dates etc.

      Delete
  2. I was gutted when I heard the news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic post! I was saddened by the news, his music certainly had a haunting beauty and depth and really helped define a genre. Even now when we watch The Mandalorian, those films and their scores can be seen as influences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping to start watching the Mandalorian tomorrow, I shall pay attention to the score.

      You’re right; he helped define the genre.

      Delete
  4. Crackin' work Barks. I watched the film once again after hearing of his death. The music makes the film.

    ReplyDelete