Friday 4 June 2021

Aliens- Ripley and friends

Our Lady of Survival, Ripley has three flavours: Vanilla, Spicy, and Hot Orange. The Alien Stomper Reeboks were a small challenge to paint.

Ripley
She can pick up Newt and enter Beast Mode as 'Enraged Ripley', but I think 'Maternal' or 'Mother bear' is more apt.
'Enraged Ripley'

P-5000 PWL Powered Work Loader

I really enjoyed painting the Power Loader. Some warm orange-brown shades give definition to the iconic machine. The base is a little bland.



I 3D printed a resin cat and base because I could.

Jonesy

The perfect organism, and a facehugger

Newt

Bishop
I flicked white paint onto Bishop.


Burke




I'm afraid I don't know the sources of these wonderful artworks.

19 comments:

  1. Nice job on these mate. I especially like your Carter Burke. I always thought Bishop wasn't half bad for an artificial person. I'll get my coat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. Because I can...great sentiment for Jonesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve heard of an ‘Alien’ boardgame as well- you may see him again.

      Delete
  3. That's a good representation of Paul Reiser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re great sculpts!

      Delete
    2. It's perfect. His magnum opus role, IMO; he redefined amoral weasel-ness. I can never see him in "Mad About You" or whatever without thinking "ooh Burke... f*ck that guy!"

      Delete
  4. So sweet! Really great work on all the characters. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are fantastic, but that scumbag Burke is my favourite. A character that everyone loves to hate, with an amusing in-game mechanic that I hope makes him agonisingly fun to play with, deserves a good paint job, and you nailed it. The plaid really works.

    I resisted adding this game to the gargantuan to-do pile until last Thursday, when I finally caved. I'll have to go back through your posts on the topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was relieved the shirt came out as well as it did! He’s like a successful version of Arnold Rimmer.

      Good luck with this!

      Delete
  6. Fab work on them all. Love one with Ripley holding Newt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... Newt saluting. My heart.

    You did an incredible job on these, they're so perfect. Bishop lying in his own guts is an interesting figure, I'm not sure how he works into the game but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-firmative!

      Half-a-Bishop is quite scenario specific, but I’m glad he’s included.

      Delete
  8. They look great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are superb mate - you've not just painted figures, you have captured the characters beautifully. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite fun! I'm keeping my eyes open for the Alien boardgames as well.

      Delete