Friday 7 January 2022

Firefly

I got a copy of Firefly Adventures: Brigands and Browncoats. I painted it rapidly using mostly Contrast paints and by lowering my standards appropriately. I'm very happy with the outcome. The game comes with cardboard boxes that can double as terrain- even the box base is a big hangar/ warehouse.

Each crew figure comes in a 'Casual' and 'Heroic' pose that have different actions available to them. The 'Heroic' abilities will tend to attract the attention of the baddies!

Serenity crew- Heroic

Serenity crew- Casual

Cowboys

Thugs

Dr Simon Tam

Shepherd Book

Captain Mal

Kaylee

River

Inara

Zoe

Jayne

Wash

These were pretty quick to paint. The female face sculpts lack a lot of definition. The Cowboys and Thugs would be great for Stargrave.

I haven't had time to play it yet...

9 comments:

  1. Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand...
    This post put a smile on my face :)
    I also have the game but still haven't played! I really like your take on these, it's more than effective. Pretty nice.
    If you get to play before I do, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suber! I’ve been distracted by the Analogue Painting Challenge, but will put up a report here when (if?) I get a game in.

      Delete
  2. This is SO Shiny! Love the total homage you've done her mate - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if that ain't the most a-grade, fanciful crew that were ever ready to step out into the black, I don't know what is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have cancelled my post half way.

      Delete
  4. Very nice stuff Barks, I’m a fan of the series and the later movie looking forward to seeing these figures in action!

    ReplyDelete