Friday 24 June 2022

Pipework forest

I've been in a bit of a painting and blogging slump recently. I did some scenery as a quickie to get it off my pile:



I think they're a fun alternative to trees and shrubs. Maybe they're even fungi that have evolved to blend in with an industrial hellscape?

These are resin prints from Fantastic Plants And Rocks. I put them on some round MDF bases which adds a bit of height.

I'm trying to find a quick and reproducible recipe to match my Cigar Box mat. The basing doesn't quite work in the underhive- but maybe toward the sump bottom...

10 comments:

  1. Definitely sump bottom. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, always good to shift a couple of items off the to do list.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, but there's still a lot left...

      Delete
  3. They look most interesting. Well, just last week I was close to a factory and saw this kind of tube forest and I tried to follow some of the tubes, and it was all kind of ´wow, I don't really understand the way they go', so these you've done make in fact all the sense! Pretty good pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very cool indeed JB! Very versatile too - I might to do something similar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't really have too much thematic scatter terrain.

      Delete