Friday 24 October 2014

Sails of Glory battle report

I got in a game of Sails of Glory recently (for my Sails of Glory review, see here). I took some pics, and have turned them into a narrative. Read on...
















The ship-of-the-line hammered the frigates hard, but took some serious crew damage. It was surprisingly close at the end, with the Terpsichore barely holding together, and the Généreaux with only a skeleton crew. The French won out...

I was controlling the Cleopatra, and was swiftly dispatched from the game in a vicious boarding action.

What do you think of this AAR format? Was it easy to follow?

PS: We didn't play with the 'advanced' rules, just the 'standard'. We're playing on the 'official' SoG mat.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great and the report was very easy to follow. Quite interested int his little game...
    All the best,
    Kasper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant format for an AAR. I've played a good number of games now and viewing your AAR really brought the game alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to get a bit more experience- the advanced rules really make you work.

      Delete
  3. Sounds a good battle, that. Very nice and easy to follow style for the AAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good battlereport. :) I will start following your projects from now on.

    ReplyDelete