Friday 21 November 2014

Happy blogday!

WwB is three years young now, I think that's a teenager in web years. I'm going to indulge in reflections on the past twelvemonth...


Most played (8 games) has been X-Wing, where I've had a lot of fun with the really really big ships. I've been involved in a Descent campaign, where my dwarf has been an epic tank- a highlight includes hacking down down monsters whilst I'm alight. My Blood Bowl league play was a bit of a disaster, with three losses from three games, deaths, and not as much time to game as I thought. I'll be bowing out of the finals later this month, sadly. I've dipped into quite a few other board, card, and dice games this year as well.

Rebels successfully defend the corvette
Particular hobby highlights have included:








I'm going to use this opportunity to plug The Wargames Website, an up-and-coming forum which is keen to do the right thing. Come and join us, the more the merrier!



Next year, I'm really looking forwards to Imperial Assault, the Star Wars/ Descent game. I'm keen to knock over another Blood Bowl team. And I'd like to keep a few surprises up my sleeves.

Imperial Assault
As I foresaw this time last year, this year WwB has been a lot quieter thanks to work™. This won't let up for a while, sadly. But WwB will continue to spawn posts at semi-random intervals- thanks for joining in!


14 comments:

  1. A very Happy Blog Day to you, I'm looking forward to that Imperial Assault too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog day Barks! Lots of great stuff there mate- I love the Afrika Korps in Space and that Gobbo team!

    I too am in a cued hobby period due to work (and being on the other side of the word to my stuff) - remember its quality not quantity that counts!

    PS I love X Wing but haven't gotten into it somehow, which is weird. That might change with this though...

    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=270&esem=2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul. X-Wing veers between the ultra-competitive and the fun, and I'm certainly on the fun side of things. I'm holding off from Armada, because I've sunk a lot of time/ cash into X-Wing, and it doesn't quite grab me the same. I do know, however, that some of my mates will be getting into it so I'll help them fly some big ships during their games! Tally-ho!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the milestone. I will have to check as I think I must have started about the same time as you, or maybe just after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you got a lot done in the last year anyway. Getting the BB hordes out for run is definitely a big thing. A lot more productive than some of us with less pressure on our time.

    Good luck for next year, and have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete