Friday 13 March 2015

Imperial Assault- Rebels

Here are the six rebel heroes for Imperial Assault. They each have a distinctive flavour, and were quite fun to paint.
Imperial Assault heroes


Jyn Odan is the agile smuggler. She's wearing this season's trendy orange jacket with matching gloves and bold white armour plates that scream, "I always shoot first!". I used blue to highlight her hair. I liked the stripes on her jodhpurs. I think she wound up a little more Indian than Japanese, but is clearly not Caucasian.
Jyn Odan


Jyn Odan, by Skyserpent

Gaarkhan is the Wookie, who expresses himself (herself? who knows) with a big axe. I like how the face turned out, but think the fur could be a lighter red-brown.
Gaarkhan 


Mak Eshka'rey is a Bothan sniper. I liked painting his face. I painted the eyepiece yellow and then gave it a green wash. I also dig the Nokia on his belt.
Mak Eshka'rey


Gideon Argus is a human rebel commander and is fairly unremarkable. The red and white checkered logo was a pain to paint. I liked how the beard turned out. I think this guy would make a good browncoat character for Firefly gaming.
Gideon Argus

Fenn Signis is a human rebel machine-gunner. Apart from his helmet he's got a very conventional modern appearance. I grew to like the aqua scarf, it adds a splash of colour and character. His face turned out a little like a Ken doll (something about the eyes?) so I gave him some stubble to try and make him a bit more butch.
Fenn Signis



I really like the Diala Passil pose. She's a Twi'lek and has presumably been in hiding since the Jedi were hunted down. I like her ragged, muddy cloak- it reminds me of Gandalf the Grey. I was really pleased with how her lightsaber turned out- the darker background of the cloak sets it off. The violet skin was a little different, too.
Diala Passil


Finally, Luke Skywalker. Army Painter Soft Tone wash over white shirt and cream breeches. I'm pretty happy with the hair and face, I think it looks like him.
Luke Skywalker

11 comments:

  1. The lightsaber is amazing! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, great work with that lightsaber effect again! I'll have to have a go when mine turn up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fantastic mate. The lightsaber effect is crazy good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What color/s did you use for Jyn Odan's pants? That is a perfect match

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Army Painter Uniform Grey, then washed it with Army Painter Strong Tone. Easy.

      Delete
    2. Thanks very much! Very impressive work.

      Delete