Friday 23 February 2018

Vindicare Assassin

I picked up a (relatively) cheap copy of Assassinorum: Execution Force last year. The figures had been assembled but not painted. One of the theme rounds for AHPC VIII was 'Big Flipping Gun', which was the perfect opportunity to paint up the Vindicare and his signature Exitus rifle. I had to take mold lines off the assembled model, and paint around the scenery behind him... The synskin was painted shades of blue before a black wash, and I'm pretty happy with it. (Not looking forward to the Callidus...) I wasn't going to do the white faceplate, but it does give a focal point to a model that otherwise doesn't 'pop' on the tabletop.



I've fired up the Skullometer again, and it reads 10!

12 comments:

  1. I love the warhammer's assassins!(it's obvious) They are de real face of the dark Milenium.
    Your vindicare is nice, and he looks like so dangerous.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Señor! They are quite characterful.

      Delete
  2. Great job mate, he looks awesome. I like that he is a more realistically styled SF trooper toting an anti-materiel rifle. You've done a great job of posing him taking cover against the wall (and also painted that very nicely)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should really be peeking (and aiming) around it.

      I wonder if I could add some bipod legs... hmm.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful use of a very limited palette mate. As Paul said, the composition is excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Millsy- the composition is somewhat fixed by the set, and was premade when I acquired it.

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I always love this assassin out of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The assassin looks great, Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Skullometer goes all the way to 11 for this one.

    I like the bluish black. In the best Spinal Tap fashion, one may call it a "pastel black".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got three more assassins to paint the same way... I’ve thrown my wallet at Batman for next year, so I need to practice my spandex.

      Delete