Friday 17 May 2019

Journeys in Middle-Earth: the bad guys

I'm on a bit of a fantasy kick recently, what with Journeys in Middle Earth, SAGA: Age of Magic, and Game of Thrones (no spoilers please!). Here's the baddies from JiME:


Ruffians

Goblin Scouts

Orc Hunters

Orc Marauders

Hungry Wargs

Wights

Hill Troll
I enjoyed batch-painting these figures in their bite-sized quantities. I used Army Painter Oak Brown and Leather Brown with Vallejo 337 Highlight German Black (which is a dark brown) as three brown colours in rotation for their clothing and equipment, then Army Painter Gunmetal to weapons and armour, then Army Painter Strong Tone wash. I did the orcs and goblins with various green/ brown skin tones. I did the wargs following my 'How to paint wolf pelts' guide. I really appreciated the Hill Troll; he's got great muscular anatomy. I added a 40mm base to the wargs and troll.
Journeys in Middle-Earth

10 comments:

  1. I have a number of orcs and trolls to paint myself so I shall copy your method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting minis and great paintjob. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the game itself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch this space! (But don’t hold your breath!)

      Delete
  3. Great looking bunch of middle earth types, the troll and wargs are fab! Your usual excellent finish. So are they a little smaller than the GW range?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete