Friday 2 October 2020

Batman Season 2 Rogue's Gallery

I have found my painting mojo returning, and so here are some more bat-villains for your enjoyment. A few may be familiar, but most I wasn't aware of before doing a deep bat-dive last year. In no particular order:

White Rabbit


This lingerie-clad lady has the ability to literally be in two places at once.  While I respect the sculptor's attention to detail, I don't know where to look in the age of #MeToo. This character has more of a 1992 feel rather than 2012. Let alone 2020.

White Rabbit

Batman: The Dark Knight #1 (2012)

Catwoman


I started with dark grey and brought some highlights up to white, then used black and blue washes to give quite a satisfying and quick result. If anything, Batman has forced me to work on my approaches to black.

Catwoman

Hush: Batman #619 (2003)


Great White Shark


I know nothing about this guy.

Great White Shark

Batman: The Dark Knight #6 (2012)


The Ventriloquist and Scarface


Is Scarface a possessed gangster doll controlling a hapless victim, or is The Ventriloquist using a doll as an excuse?

Scarface and The Ventriloquist

Batman #13 (2017)


Cluemaster


Cluemaster is a C-grade Riddler wannabe, which actually gives him some interesting motivations. He's also Stephanie Brown's father, and the reason behind her becoming Spoiler- because she wants to spoil his plans.

Cluemaster

Batman Eternal #51 (2015)


Poison Ivy


I'm happy with my approach to painting fiery red hair as well. Ivy comes with some big carnivorous plants.

Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy and friends

Detective Comics #14 (2012)

Ultra-dogs


These should be useful generic big guard dogs for other games. I drybrushed a blue-grey over dark grey for their coat.

Ultra-dogs

Batman #18 (2013)


NoBody


Is it a silly name, or is it genius? The figure could pass muster as a Necromunda Spyrer or any type of cyber ninja.

NoBody
Batman and Robin #7 (2012)

KGBeast


Another silly name. His arm is a gun!

KGBeast

All-Star Batman #3 (2016)


Owlman


This guy is a rogue from the Court of Owls, and claims to be Batman's brother. He's very monochrome, but I think the glowing eyes came out OK.

Owlman

Batman #10 (2012)


Carmine Falcone


Finally, Mr Falcone is a mob boss- nothing superhuman or quirky about him at all, which is deeply refreshing. I painted on the characteristic scars on his right cheek, but they don't show unless you really look closely.

Carmine Falcone

Batman Eternal #9 (2014)





4 comments:

  1. These are the ants pants Barks!
    Great painting!
    Standout sculpts for me have to be Poison Ivy & accompanying vegitation and the Ventriloquist and Scarface.
    And White Rabbit lovely stuff, imagine ménage à trois with a one woman! 😳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice! I'm struggling to decide which one's my favourite, I think they all are quite different but turned out perfectly each one in their own style!

    ReplyDelete