Friday 25 September 2020

Journeys in Middle-earth- more heroes

These are the heroes from the Shadowed Paths expansion. They took me many more weeks to get done than I had anticipated.

Shadowed Paths heroes

You've seen Gandalf before:

Gandalf the Grey

Arwen Undómiel, the Evenstar. A beautiful name that rolls off the tongue. I always try to emulate the breathy way Hugo Weaving says "Ahhhhr-when".

Arwen

Dís is a character named in Tolkien's legendarium. She's the sister of Thorin Oakenshield and the mother of Fíli and Kíli. I don't really like her sculpt; it doesn't fit my vision of Middle-earth. I still don't know how to pronounce her name- I think it rhymes with 'geese', but I suspect it may rhyme with 'this'.

Dís

Eleanor is a made-up character; a Gondorian noble.

Eleanor

Balin is the famous Balin from The Hobbit and the ill-fated expedition to reconquer Moria. I think he's my favourite of this bunch. He has his iconic red hood and white beard, and is accompanied by a raven. I painted this dark blue (like Arwen's hair) as I think blue looks better than shades of dark grey.

Balin

6 comments:

  1. Those are great additions, LOTR is certainly making a come back of late :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few LotR things in my lead mountain, who knows what order I will do them in!

      Delete
  2. I like them all, but I agree, Balin is truly my favourite, really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Suber! I look forwards to journeying with him.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work Barks! I quite like Dis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Curt! I like how she came out, but she is a bit too much swords-and-sandals for me.

      Delete