Friday 10 December 2021

Five Parsecs: Campaign Game 6. Rogue servitors

Lady Heldecryn's patron sets a new task -to investigate anti-mining activities in the sub-hive. The crew is reduced after their last firefight, so Lady H. is accompanied by the void-cross'd lovers, Julio and Roma. The mining interest representative assures her it will be a simple task.

The sub-hive is empty and claustrophobic. Why have the denizens left?

"There's something odd in this chamber.
 And those servitors are coming for us!"

"Don't hit the device!"

The terrifying servitors ignore the hail of fire and trudge forward.

Roma takes one down with her swift moves.

Overconfident, she takes out the second but it wallops her as well- luckily, nothing serious.

Lady Heldecryn is able to disarm the device.

The mining interest representative is shocked by the discovery of an infernal device in the sub-hive. Who placed it, and why? Who overrode the servitors' protocols? The Innominate's crew is issued a sector permit for expanded activities as a bonus and token of appreciation.

I resin-printed these characterful figures from Red Warden. I encountered a significant issue with two of them a few days after printing, when incompletely cured resin caused a gas buildup that split the hollow print. Luckily I only needed two for this scenario, but I do like the creepy concept of this lobotomised cyborg workforce and I will print more.

Servitors

These cracks spiral all the way up the back...

6 comments:

  1. Some pretty cool stls you found. Would running your prints through a curing station have solved the issue you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know- I haven't really looked into curing stations. I'd consider drilling a strategically-placed venting hole...

      Delete
  2. The scenario looks cool as usual, but the servitors are ace! I think you can solve those cracks with some minor conversions,like green stuff wires or something. Anyway, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I’ll just print some new ones…

      Delete
  3. Nice report, hearing positive things about this rule set.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete