Friday 30 September 2022

Five Parsecs. Campaign game 13. Assassinate

The battered Innominate emerges from the warp and limps into the polluted home skies of Necromunda. The chirurgeon-servitor has managed to keep Gallius' wounded crew alive, but they are not able to go out in full strength. Gallius spends valuable credits to partially patch the ship, and looks for a job with his two able companions.

The Innominate's depleted crew

He finds one- an agitator has been stirring up trouble in the refineries. If he can be killed, there will be a good reward.

The agitator and his lackeys

The agitator is at the far end of the refinery hall.

There are glimpses of the enemy through the machinery.

They advance cautiously into the heat.

Shots are exchanged without effect.

More lackeys begin to swarm.
Lady Heldycryn's rifle jams and she pulls out her pistol.

Chugger shrugs off a grenade blast and Gallius
backs off with Lady Heldydryn.

They don't realise they've been outflanked!

Lady H takes him down with a risky charge.

Chugger blasts the minions and Gallius sees an opening-
the enemy agitator goes down!

The minions keep coming, and the trio head for the blast doors.

A lucky shot wounds Gallius! He is dragged to safety.

Gallius removes his cloak- miraculously, he is unharmed. The credits are a welcome relief, as is the reputation gained by eliminating the agitator. A potential recruit arrives, looking for employment- with several of the crew still recovering from the battering on Hydresar X, Gallius can't turn this down.

It's been a while since I blogged- I entered a bit of a hobby slump and loss of my painting mojo. It is many months since I last Five Parsec'd and I was a bit rusty. The adventures will continue!



14 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back! And wow, what a way to be back indeed! I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suber! I appreciate the support!

      Delete
  2. Great story- I look forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall try not to be so tardy in the future.

      Delete
  3. A good start on another world. Is this going to go downhill fast to?
    We all need a rest from the hobby occasionally. Coming back is fun though.
    I haven't got the rules yet but I'm starting to gather a few figures. And I have my spaceship! A 1/72 Eagle transporter 1. A little small, but it's a ship for the crew and will look reasonable on a launch pad above the figures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Nice to see the crew get a break finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They got a bit lucky; it could have gone badly wrong!

      Delete
  5. Those melting pots really draw the eye. Very evocative. Do you have a post about painting them up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite lucky with a reduced crew. But they survive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were quite lucky; I don't think they could have held off much longer.

      Delete
  7. Barks - I am sizzling with envy. I am waiting for my copy of Five Parsecs to arrive so I can whip up a few games. But I can't imagine getting terrain so perfect as yours -- the vat of lava: chef's kiss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll have fun with it! I've just posted about the vats; enjoy!

      Delete