Friday 31 May 2019

Arkham inmates and Zsasz

I have a friend who works in mental health and gets upset about inaccurate portrayals of psychiatric facilities- One flew over the cuckoo's nest, electroconvulsive shocks, strait jackets etc. She'd be livid about Arkham Asylum!

I decided to go for some quick wins with some orange paint. I used Army Painter Fire Lizard and Light Tone over a Daemonic Yellow basecoat.


Zsasz is a recurring bat-villain. He is a psychotic knife-wielding killer, who cuts himself to keep a tally of his victims. I don't usually add blood to weapons, but there are exceptions such as this.

Batman: Cacophony (2008)


8 comments:

  1. Suitably creepy! Consider me grossed out in an awed way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! I think they have tabletop presence.

      Delete
  2. I can appreciate your friends perspective in a real life situation. The mental institutions and mental health professionals are completely different to those depicted. In this case a man dressed as a bat who exists in a comic book having fictional adventures for the entertainment of others should perhaps be excluded from her ire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely. The superhero genre doesn’t withstand much scrutiny. But it is fun!

      Delete
  3. I just love that orange recipe - it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found orange challenging previously, but this is a quick and effective way.

      Delete
  4. Lovely bunch of inmates and if this is a fast finish it works really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete