Friday 10 February 2023

Tyranids

Last millennium, I had a small 2nd edition Tyranid force. I gave them away about 15 years ago, and only have a few terrible photos to remember them by.

I hope they've had a good life

Tyranid Warriors

Hive Tyrant

Nicely converted weapons, IMNSHO.

This was a pain to assemble

Love my Screamer Killer.

Hunter Slayers. Came in blisters of three and units of five.
Never change, GW.

Last year, I painted some Termagants I got off eBay for potential Stargrave/ Five Parsecs use, and quite enjoyed doing so. I used Contrasts Gryph-Hound Orange and Skeleton Horde, which were a massive time-saver.

Termagants



I thought I would get some melee bugs, and then a Xenos Rampant slippery slope occurred which I threw myself down...


Bugs, Mr Rico! Forty-eight of them!

Free hugs!

Hormagaunts

I got some MDF movement trays from Knights of Dice, which are great.

Weighted base for infamously unstable figures

And now I need some balance with more Termagants. And apparently there's a big brood-mother bug that spawns these critters...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, everything looks great, both the old and the new fellas. I used to have a Tyranid army too, just in the same fashion that yours, but got rid of it long ago too. The new ones look amazing, I'm shocked by the Contrast job on them, it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, I wouldn't have done it without Contrast. It is just such a time-saver.

      Delete
  2. A Fab horde of chittering death there JB - love 'em!

    ReplyDelete