Sunday 18 November 2018

Space Hulk- all terminators painted!

I've finally finished all the terminators for Space Hulk. It only took me four years! I was getting a bit fatigued toward the end, and I left out some detail painting. Here are all their pics- note that I rebased them halfway through!
Space Hulk Blood Angel Terminators- painted and in the Detolf!

Sergeant Lorenzo

Sergeant Gideon

Librarian Calistarius

Brother Leon

Brother Zael

Brother Claudio


Brother Deino

Brother Noctis

Brother Omnio

Brother Valencio

Brother Goriel

Brother Scipio

Bonus dead dude
Phew!

Some thoughts:

  • Red is a challenging colour that I felt I had to master before I could commence this project, and I'm happy with the outcome. Army Painter Pure Red spray was excellent.
  • I'm glad I rebased them on 32mm sculpted bases, but wish I'd done it before I started.
  • I drilled out the barrels with a 1mm pin vice, which is such an improvement.
  • Most skulls: Librarian 26 and Dead Dude 27, but that's mostly from their scenery, so the winner is Sergeant Lorenzo with 15.

I've still got a dozen genestealers to go... and a C.A.T. ...

11 comments:

  1. Worth the effort - those are AWESOME!!

    Get on with the Genestealers! You've got the hard stuff out of the way! By comparison they will seem totally easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim- I can't stress enough how much your work was an inspiration for me earlier this year! I've only got a handful of stealers to go!

      Delete
  2. They look stunning! Great job Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really impressive work! They look even better all together!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain! When they explore the hulk, I think they should split up...

      Delete