Friday 30 August 2019

The Joker is Wild

Joker is the definitive bat-villain. An unpredictable and terrifying enigma, the Clown Prince of Crime is able to be portrayed in various ways. I liked painting the greenish-white skin, the hair, and the red-rimmed eyes.

This version- my favourite of these sculpts- is the Jim Lee portrayal seen in Hush (2003). I don't know if my miniature is warped, but I like the crazy tilt. I do wish there was a 'bang' flag for his revolver.
Joker

Hush- Batman #613 (2003)

In the Scott Snyder run (2011-2016), Joker had cut off his face and this mask became a horrific totem. This Joker really emphasised the terrifying aspects of his personality, wearing his skin as a mask and dressed as a mechanic- Mr Joe.
Mr Joe

Batman #13 (2012)

This last Joker is more physical, jacked up on Venom.

Venom Joker

Batman: The Dark Knight #3 (2011)
I painted these thugs in a matching palette, and was surprised at how easy it was to apply clown makeup.
Joker's Gang

Joker's Gang- handguns

Joker's Gang- melee

Bat-tally: 186/ 215 (86%)

4 comments:

  1. 'A Bang flag from his revolver' just made me smile, yest it absolutely begs for that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my younger days I'd have converted one, but now I'm lazy.

      Delete