Friday 16 August 2019

Gotham vigilantes

Beyond the semi-formal inner Bat-family, there are other vigilantes who fight crime.

Huntress


The daughter of a mob boss, Huntress now fights crime in her practical outfit. Her miniature has a swirling cape which is quite dynamic.
Huntress

Hush- Batman #619 (2003)


Black Canary


A nightclub worker pushed too far? This figure is based on art in Frank Miller's All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder (2005-2008), which should be avoided if possible- lovely art, terrible writing.
Black Canary

All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder #6 (2007)

Katana



Seeking revenge after her husband's murder, Katana's katana contains the souls of those it has killed. Sometimes she is depicted with grey skin, which I have replicated here- I'm not sure I like it.
Katana
Katana #7 (2013)


Batwing


I don't know much about Batwing, but he's the son of Lucius Fox (played by Morgan Freeman in the Nolan films).
Batwing

Signal


A fostered child, he patrols Gotham by daylight.
Signal

All-Star Batman #3 (2016)

Azrael


A religious cult's assassin, Azrael saw the errors of his ways and now fights crime.
Azrael

Batman & Robin Eternal #9 (2016)

Green Arrow


Another billionaire philanthropist vigilante, except this time with a Robin Hood fetish. His love interest is Black Canary.
Green Arrow

Green Arrow #6 (2016)
Bat-tally: 153/ 215 (71%)

4 comments:

  1. Batwing and Signal are new to me. I'm betting that I'm not the first or last to mention Bumblebee when first seeing Signal.

    Fun to see familiar second (third?) stringers like Huntress.

    This is a great project to watch develop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheetor, it's been a bit of a deep bat-dive for me as well. I remember when I first read 'Hush' and Huntress shows up, and I had no idea who she was supposed to be.

      Delete
  2. I love all the work you are doing on this project. Its exhaustiveness and attention to detail are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Luckily, it is a finite project!

      Delete