Friday 27 August 2021

Stargrave bestiary 1

One of the attractive features of Stargrave is the possibility of creatures wandering into the area and attacking your crew. There is a list of many possible alien beasts to encounter. Here are my solutions to filling some of these roles, within a Rogue Trader-esque setting.

Ruffians


Pistol-armed low lives, these are Chaos Cult scum.




Ryankan


I'm really happy with these resin 3D prints. Ryankan are a sort of pterodactyl-bat creature. They're a bit of Star Wars mynock, a bit of Necromundan ripper jack. These are manta cave bats, a free 3D design from Mia Kay. The original sculpts have their tails on the bases, but mine have paperclip flight stands.




Primitives


Stone Age peoples who have no ranged weapons; Hobbit goblintown denizens.




Bounty Hunter


I am kroot.



Gaunch


Chameleonic scavengers, these are Ur-Ghuls from Blackstone Fortress. I'd like to pick up a few more.




Warp Hound


Basically a dimension hound, these are hounds of Tindalos from Mansions of Madness. I would like to find something a little more warp-y.



Sewer Dragon


Old faithful, the ambull.


I think I'm reasonably close to the mark with these and I've got many more bestiary spots to fill!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely collection, always inspiring to see what you are up to painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got a few too many projects at the moment, I need to concentrate on just one…

      Delete
  2. A cracking collections of beasties there mate! I particularly like Ambull of course, as well as the Morlockesque goblins :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like the Morlocks to get some table time!

      Delete
  3. Pretty nice! Well chosen minis indeed, I like your approach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look great. They fit the bestiary choices really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite good fun trying to find the right figures.

      Delete