Friday, 11 September 2026

40K Lamenters Company Command

Here's a Captain and his Ancient (banner bearer). I've painted them to represent the Lamenters' Third Company.


Or, a bend sinister gules*

I wasn't really a fan of the Captain, but after the cape got some colour (Army Painter Speedpaint Blood Red with some highlights) he grew on me. I'm happy with the striped crest on his helmet, and the chequers on the shield came out OK as well.

Lamenters Captain




I've always wanted a banner bearer for my Lamenters*, but would have been happier to freehand a simple design based on the heraldry above. This miniature came with a sculpted pattern, and I scraped most of the bottom off to allow me a bit of creative freedom. If I was really bold I'd have scraped off the rest of the banner as well. Ah well, next time. I used some decals from Forgotten Chapters for some of the text. I used Microsol and some varnishes to get them sitting well. I freehanded the heart; I wonder if the circle needs a black border to help it pop. I did the LAMENTERS text with a paint pen and tidied it up with beige. Not perfect, but good enough.

Lamenters Ancient


No more Lamenters for a little while, something else next time.

Skull-o-meter™: 23

*From the fantastic Drawshield.net, a throwback to how the web used to be.

** Any last stand requires a banner

No comments:

Post a Comment