Monday 14 October 2013

Viking warriors WIP

I still haven't completed any of my SAGA forces. I've knuckled down to get the final two units of my Vikings underway; sixteen unarmoured warriors (Gripping Beast plastics). I gave them axes left over from the Viking Bondi. I uses slottabases rather than the flat discs provided so as to mix with my existing figures (mostly LotR- these could be Ruffians or Dunlendings, after all). I've left the shields off to make painting the figures easier.





I build up the base with plaster, then PVA sand on. Finally, Army Painter Leather Brown spray.

7 comments:

  1. Great game Barks - its well worth the effort to get the figs painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul, I've been proxy-ing for too long!

      Delete
  2. Nice job, I can certainly see the LOTR tie in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Rohan are sick of getting smashed by orcs and Uruks, they need someone to pick on!

      Delete
  3. they seem to be good figures! I'm waiting to see them painted....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dam. Love the idea of the Dunlendings. I was just thinking about my meagre collection of them on the weekend, those look like a really good (and economically viable) option.

    Can't wait to see them finished for Saga and LOTR.

    ReplyDelete