Friday 24 August 2018

Space Hulk- Librarian

After getting started on Space Hulk, I still wasn’t confident with my reds. So the first figure I painted was the Librarian- I find blue a very forgiving colour.

Space Hulk: Blood Angel Terminator Librarian Calistarius




I painted his robe and stormbolter red to tie him in a bit more with his battle brothers, but don’t know if that was really necessary. I like painting psykers' eyes because I don't paint the pupils. I’m not happy with his force axe. I had to freehand the emblem on his right pauldron. I do like the writing on his book and scrolls.

Skullometer: 26, mostly from the base.

12 comments:

  1. FWIW I really like his axe mate. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Millsy! There are some lovely examples on the interwebs that make me feel bad.

      Delete
  2. It feels kind of retro - that red reminds me of old 'eavy metal.
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, FMB! I like the orange-red tone of classic Blood Angels.

      Delete
  3. Good job on him!

    Those SH 3rd ed terminators are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on this. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 26 skulls... wow. That base is something else XD Anyway, great work; as others have already stated, it's a classic look harkening back to the 90's era 40k repertoire. The blue is rich and clean and I like how the lightning blue on the axe is definitely a different hue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some very nice painted effects I just can’t replicate (yet?).

      Delete