Friday 28 September 2018

Space Hulk- the rebasing commences

I just can't help myself leaving well enough alone- inspired by Tim from Saskatoon's excellent work, I've started to rebase my Terminators. I got some 32mm GW Sector Mechanicus bases off eBay, and crudely carved the existing base off Brother Claudio. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I also added a rare earth magnet underneath with cyanoacrylate superglue, as part of a bigger basing effort underway at the Barks Bunker. And I'm putting the genestealers on 32mm bases as well. The Space Hulk board squares are about 31mm, so they don't cause serious problems with overlapping.


Claudio Skullometer™: 9

8 comments:

  1. Tim does some very inspired things on his blog and has been responsible for a number of non GW purchases in this household. Your re-basing looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His recent reports have given my own project impetus.

      Delete
  2. Good job. I always use magnets, but your results are better than my models.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the purpose with the magnets? Just curios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For storage and transport I can place them on a metal sheet securely.

      Delete
  4. Nice basing,but rebassing (shudders!)
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh, I know! I wish I'd done it before I started.

      Delete