Saturday 20 July 2019

One giant leap

I have been geeking out recently about the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission. I have always been fascinated by space travel and exploration, and the work of these pioneers still moves me.

'Tough and competent'
-Gene Kranz

I treated myself to a Lego Lunar Module, which I built with the Skirt Swisher:


I've really enjoyed the BBC World Service podcast 13 Minutes to the moon. I can also highly recommend the documentary In the shadow of the moon, about the space race in general.

I've heard of the HBO series From the earth to the moon; is it any good? What about First Man?

Never change, Buzz. Never change.

2 comments:

  1. 50 years on the technology involved in designing, producing and even shipping that model is orders of magnitude greater than the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hurts my brain when I start to realise how much we take for granted!

      Delete