Friday 18 September 2020

40K Biophagus and field surgery

This chap is a Biophagus, a Genestealer Cultist who dispenses injections of elixir and concoctions to make the brood stronger, faster, and even more aggressive. He comes with a familiar. I really did not enjoy painting all the smoke and glass- it was quite frustrating and unsatisfying, but looks better in the photos than it does in person!

Genestealer Cult Biophagus



"Qualifications? They must be in my other lab coat."


I also painted a Field Medicarium. I based it on 60mm MDF and added some limbs. I am quite happy with the shade of green- it gives that mid-twentieth century antiseptic establishment vibe. I understand Uhu glue gives compelling stringy blood- I may need to try this, but don't want to overdo the gore.

Field Medicarium

"I promise, I won't feel a thing."

These bits would make for a Rogue Doc in Necromunda as well.


Skull-o-meter™: 3

11 comments:

  1. Time for your dentists appointment Mr Barks.....
    Well you have done a great job on these. very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definite shades of Marathon Man! Is it safe?

      Delete
  2. Wow, first thing that draw my attention, before I read anything, was the glass. All the effects are magnificent, I really like them. Besides, that particular hospital green is just pefect! What particular colour or mix did you use? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suber! The green is Army Painter Kraken Skin with an AP Military Shader wash. Very simple!

      Delete
  3. "Thanks, I hate it". You may not have liked painting the glass and stuff, but the result is AMAZING! The Field Medicarium is particularly ghastly, and yes that shade of clinical green is perfect for it. The little imp is great as well, carrying his Erlenmeyer flask...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Allison! I never enjoyed chemistry at high school, and the retort stand on his backpack brought back humiliating memories!

      Delete
  4. Very Noice! Love the inspection table (glove snap - ewww!).

    ReplyDelete