Friday 12 March 2021

40K Genestealer Cult vehicle: Goliath Rockgrinder

The second vehicle I inflicted on myself was a Goliath I picked up at CanCon 2019. Again, I spent a lot of time prepping this so I could use all the options. This mining vehicle has two main choices- the Goliath Truck, or the Goliath Rockgrinder.

Goliath Truck

The Goliath Truck is a troopcarrier. I shaved a few bits away to allow three 25mm-based figures to fit inside.


Twin-linked Autocannon



Troop compartment

Commander with Heavy Stubber

Goliath Rockgrinder

The Rockgrinder is a utility mining vehicle, and the back is covered. The mining arm has a dedicated operator, and the main attraction is the Drilldozer Blade. All of these are magnetized. I used some Tamiya 5mm tape for masking the hazard stripes on the blade, and freehanded the rest.

Drilldozer Blade


Heavy Mining Laser

Clearance Incinerator

Heavy Seismic Cannon

Operator's console

I'm relieved to have these vehicles done, but I didn't love the process. The effects I was keen to achieve seem to be done with airbrushes and specialty enamel products. There are so many little details that I was quite fatigued by the end.

10 comments:

  1. Very cool truck. Both versions are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dozer blade just wins out for presence...

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is great. I have to admit, GW has produced some pretty horrific vehicles in the past *cough Taurox cough* but this is not one of them. It's obviously very versatile and I'm pretty sure you could do a lot of modifications if you were so inclined. Your paint job is excellent, oily metal and the industrial stripes are so perfectly industrial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve seen some nice Taurox conversions (mostly wheeled). Any excuse for hazard stripes!

      Delete
  3. I concur, the hard job really paid off, I love what you achieved here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suber, I’m in no hurry to do more!

      Delete