Friday 13 October 2023

40K Lamenters Combat Patrol

In WH40K 10th edition, 'Combat Patrol' is a great way to get into the grimdark. Each faction has a fixed small force list with slightly pared-down rules. There's no listbuilding, which I really appreciate.

Here is my Lamenters Combat Patrol. Just twelve figures (and a teleport beacon). Some of the base details are from Imitation of Life, and the decals are from GW and Forgotten Chapters. Not the chequers or bleeding hearts- all painfully freehanded. Curved pauldrons are a real challenge to chequer. The purity seals are Sigvald Burgundy Contrast.

Lamenters Combat Patrol

I tried stippling highlights for the captain's cloak. It sort of came off. I do like all the bling/ drip he has. He's on a 50mm base. The half-mask is a throwback to the original metal captain.

Lamenters Terminator Captain


I went for classical blue on the terminator librarian. I tried a few different ways of painting the runes on the armour, so it is a bit of a multilayered globby mess. The force axe, in Contrast (ahem), was easy with Aethermatic Blue Contrast over white. I tried to do the grip chequered as well.

Lamenters Terminator Librarian


Terminators! These new sculpts are really good. I gave them white veteran helmets, and the sergeant has a black stripe. They also have a teleport beacon on a Renedra 25mm base. I added some extra struts to it.

Lamenters Terminator Sergeant

Lamenters Terminator with assault cannon

Lamenters Terminators

Teleport homing beacon

Finally, an Infernus squad. A black drybrush gives a great effect on their pyreblasters.

Lamenters Infernus Squad Sergeant

Lamenters Infernus Squad

So, it's not a force list I would have crafted, but the fixed nature of Combat Patrol makes the choice easy. I think the flamers will be great against infantry hordes at close range but little else, whereas the Terminators have real sticking power but no numbers. If I ever actually play a game...

What you're really here for: the Skull-o-meter™

Captain 22

Librarian 15

Terminators 35

Infernus squad 14

Total: 86

4 comments:

  1. VERY eye catching! I like the vibrant blue librarian too, and that teleport beacon is a pretty neat piece. I want a few of those 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I like the beacon too! It's very cinematic. I do like the tabletop presence the Lamenters have.

      Delete
  2. Oh, they look ace! I love them! I must get some of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new terminator sculpts are quite excellent.

      Delete