I don't love painting vehicles, but was keen to get this iconic skimmer done. It doesn't have any running gear which is nice. In the photos I can now see flaws, missed bits and errors but I'll call it a day. The checks and heart decals are from Mighty Brush and Impatient Tabletop. The hearts are slightly translucent in the photos, but I hadn't noticed before. It is tempting to go overboard with numbers and markings.
I wanted to have the pilot firing a bolt pistol because it is cool/ metal, but couldn't find a suitable left arm. I freehanded the shoulder checks and hearts.
I'm pretty happy with the simple all-green displays.
I made a flight stand from clear perspex rod and UV resin, inspired by this Hellstorm Wargaming short:
It worked really well as far as I am concerned.
I also magnetised the heavy flamer and gatling cannon.
No comments:
Post a Comment