Friday 3 November 2023

Discworld Witches

These are teenage apprentice witches from Terry Pratchett's Discworld, meant for use with the boardgame The Witches. The 40mm figures don't come with the game, but are from Micro Arts Studio in Poland. I played this on Hallowe'en, and realised I hadn't put these figures on this blog before. I painted them for AHPC XI



Terry Pratchett’s witches are a crucial part of his rural communities. Each one brings her own style to their role of combined village doctor, midwife, veterinarian, and defender of the voiceless.

Tiffany Aching


Annagramma Hawkin

Dimity Hubbub


Petulia Gristle

7 comments:

  1. Nice group. Individual but a good common thread in your palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't praise you enough for choosing Discworld minis! pretty nice use of black and blues here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The witches are one of the best and most subversive elements of the Discworld books and I love these figures. Tiffany even has her frying pan! These are really well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started re-reading 'Wyrd Sisters'. Great stuff.

      Delete